Tier 16 Druid and Paladin Sets, 5.3 Jul 3 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, GW2 Update Frequency

Feedbot

News Feed Bot
d3.png
Jason Bender on Creating the Console Version, Tamplier's Epic Fan Art, Curse Weekly Roundup

hearthstoneIcon.png
Announcer Voiceovers, Fireside Chat Tomorrow

Patch 5.4 - Tier 16 Druid and Paladin Sets
Keep in mind this is a preview and the final sets may be significantly different.

Patch 5.3 Hotfixes - July 3

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes

• Mage
    • Talents
      • Fixed an issue where certain situations could cause Mages to not receive the Invoker's Energy buff after successfully completing an Evocation.

Quests

• Battle for Razor Hill: Fixed an issue where players were becoming stuck because the Zulu Rock buff was not being removed when the player dies.
  • Mogu Incursions: Master Snowdrift should no longer be engaging in combat with Shan'ze Invaders, allowing players to turn-in the quest.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios

• Throne of Thunder
    • Ra-den
      • Fixed an issue where Protection Warriors are unable to receive bonus loot upon defeating Ra-den.
  • Scenarios
    • Blood in the Snow: General chat has been temporarily removed from the scenario to fix an issue affecting General chat in Dun Morogh. A proper fix for this is in the works in an upcoming patch.

Isle of Thunder

• Made additional fixes for an issue where players may be unable summon incantation bosses.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Character / Items
Any reason the Valor of Ancients buff isn't cross realm, The rep bonus is but alts would find this a very welcome change.
It's a difficult technical challenge having to do with e.g. raids unlocking at different times. (Source)

I realize you didnt design the tier 16s, but I was hoping warriors would look like Garrosh not a paladin with horns sewn on.
I used to weigh in more on player feedback of art sets, but it turns out art is just sooo subjective. (Source)
The best thing I can suggest is maybe just feedback on armor themes you'd like to see (e.g. Your Garrosh example). (Source)

In this blog, you said legendaries would be more exclusive than in Cata. Why make them more accessible?
With the current legendary quest, everyone can have the expectation of getting them so it's fine. (Source)
yet.... they aren't "legendary" any more. people are expecting too much for nothing.
Another reason why they aren't weapons. Our grand plan will likely make more sense closer to 5.4 ship. (Source)

it disapp. me that now there's a leg. for everyone and it's a cloak thats shaped like a towel and clips models. Why no weapon?
We feel like we've done that a lot before. We want to keep things fresh. When rewards are too predictable they get boring. (Source)
These are a pretty different design than Fangs / Wrath. The problem with those was the expectation / entitlement. (Source)
When there is too much expectation, the item goes from feeling like a bonus to a penalty. (Source)

I am thoroughly disappointed with the legendary being a cloak. All of this work throughout the xpac and we don't use it again.
What do you mean by "don't use it again?" (Source)
These cloak models are pretty much standard fare, don't stand out from normal gear. Most people will hide them
The cloaks aren't intended to compete with glaives though. Wouldn't glaives be less special if everyone was rocking them? (Source)

Please make the questline cloaks non-unique. I'd love one for my offspec, just like I could get offspec gems.
We're still discussing it, but it's on the table for sure. (Source)

Any chance of with all the changes bring brought in, cross-faction flex raids might be a possibility? Or dungeons.. anything?
We feel like cross-faction goes against the spirit of World of Warcraft. (Source)

PLZ let us do flex w/